Write down the adjectives characterizing people
- That person always cries at weddings, in the cinema, while reading a touching story. / sensitive, emotional, touchy
- That person never gives presents or buys drinks for others. / stingy
- That person is easy to get on with. / sociable
- That person hurts people or animals. / cruel
- That person always thinks bad things will happen. / pessimist
- That person always thinks good things will happen. / optimist
- That person makes you yawn. / boring
- That person never thinks about others’ feelings. / egoist
- That person easily makes you laugh. / funny
- That person doesn’t like talking about his/her achievements. / humble, modist
- That person never changes his/her mind even though he/she thinks that he/she is wrong. / stubborn
- That person never smiles. / serious, gloomy
- That person keeps things tidy. / neat
- That person always arrives late for meetings. / unpunctuality
- That person always keeps his emotions and feelings to himself/herself. / introvert
II. Here are 12 sentences. Eight sentences have mistakes in them and four sentences are correct. Leave the correct sentences as they are and correct the mistakes in eight sentences.
- Do you know what time does the train arrive?
- Tell me what is the problem.
- Can you tell me where is 5th Avenue?
- Could you let us know when he arrives?
- Do you know if this is the way to the station?
- I’d like to know where is the library.
- Could you let us know are you coming?
- Do you understand what are they saying?
- Please tell me who is in charge.
- I wonder will it be sunny tomorrow.
- I’m trying to find out how much is my electricity bill this month.
- Can you tell me where the police station is?
1. Do you know what time the train arrive? / mistak
2. Tell me what the problem is. / mistak
3. Can you tell me where 5th Avenue is? / mistak
4. Could you let us know when he arrives? / correct
5. Do you know if this is the way to the station? / correct
6. I’d like to know where is the library. / mistak
7. Could you let us know if are you coming? / mistak
8. Do you understand what they are saying? / mistak
9. Please tell me who is in charge. / correct
10. I wonder will if it be sunny tomorrow. / mistak
11. I’m trying to find out how much is my electricity bill is this month. / mistak
12. Can you tell me where the police station is? / correct