The “Armenian Center for Contemporary Experimental Art” (ACCEA or “NPAK” in Armenian acronym) is a Non-Governmental Organization operating in Yerevan and New York.
ACCEA/NPAK activities, which in 1992 started with one group exhibition per year, very soon grew into an active and vibrant art center with annually more than 20 events.
The Center is a unique phenomenon of its kind in the entire Southern Caucasus region.
ACCEA started its activities at a centrally located rented space in 1996, which, later, on February 22, 2002, by a Decree of the Government of the Republic of Armenia, was provided to ACCEA free of charge and for unlimited period.
The physical facility was formally inaugurated on April 25, 1996, with a group exhibition of Armenian avant-garde artists, symbolically celebrating the resurrection of the Armenian nation.
In 1995 ACCEA and NPAK were concurrently incorporated as a non-profit, 501(c3) organization in New York, and Charitable Foundation in Yerevan, respectively․
- The Purpose
The Center for Contemporary Experimental Art has been created with following objectives:
1.To encourage and facilitate uninhibited expression and creativity of Armenian contemporary and avant-garde artists.
2.To support the process of search, discovery, and conquest of “new frontiers” in the arts.
3.To facilitate creation and presentation of contemporary art by Armenian artists, at home as well as at international fori.
4.To counteract commercialization of art, and to replace market criteria by intellectual and emotional determinants.
5.To create partnership between Diaspora Armenians and the art community in the Republic of Armenia in support and promotion of the Armenian arts and literature.
Above mentioned objectives are envisioned to be realized by:
1. Creation of adequate space for presentation of experimental works of Armenian contemporary artists.
2. Presentation of contemporary international art (fine arts, cinema, theater, dance, poetry, etc.) in Yerevan.
3. Creation of multi-media reference library of printed matter as well as audio and visual material.
4. Creation of Armenian artists’ directory, including biographical information, and audio-visual record of samples of their works.
5. Organization of specialized meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.
6. Provision of grants, scholarships and financial assistance to contemporary artists.
7. Creation of artists’ co-operative for sale of works of contemporary artists.
8. Facilitation of international interaction and exposure of Armenian artists through:
Establishing professional contact with foreign art critics and specialists.
Establishing relations with foreign artists and exhibition of their works in Armenia.
Facilitation of presentation of Armenian art at international exhibitions, festivals, fori, etc.
- Opening Hours
Tuesday – Friday / 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday / 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday – Monday / closed